Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Day 40 - Golden, CO to North Platte, NE

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday we climbed mountains, drove through deep canyons, and viewed broad valleys. Today ... gently rolling fields and gazing ranges filled the horizon.

The Route
We drove 280 miles by leaving Golden on I-70E, taking the I-76 exit just north of Denver, following I-76 to its end at I-80 in Nebraska, and taking I-80 to North Platte.

About the Day
We enjoyed bright sun all day. The temperature made it to the mid-70s. We followed a rain storm across Nebraska, arrived in sunshine, and were greeted by wet highways and standing water.

Views along I-76 ...
There are lots of grazing cattle
And windmills
No mountains to climb
Our last view from I-76

The Campground
This is our third stay at Holiday RV Park. It's a nice park with practical amenities and an attractive price.

No comments:

Post a Comment