Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 43 - Davenport, IA to Knightstown, IN

Some things changed today.
  • The morning sunshine turned to afternoon gloom and light rain.
  • We left the well maintained I-80 for a rougher ride on I-74 and I-70.
  • We entered the eastern time zone.
  • We set up in the dark for the first time on this trip.

The Route
We took I-80 from Davenport to I-74 just south of Moline, IL. I-74 provided the route across Illinois to Indianapolis where we connected with I-70. Knightstown is about 35 miles east of Indianapolis just off I-70.

About the Day
The travel was uneventful. Illinois is really flat and offers scenery similar to Iowa.

We found it difficult to find a suitable campground as we drove. The miles slipped by and our stopping point kept moving eastward as we considered the options. 

It was a long (357 mile) towing day. Only 140 miles remain for our drive home tomorrow.

The Campground
Though we don't fit the demographic, we stopped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park outside Knightstown. It was at the right place at the right time. It's one of our least favorite campgrounds.

Things of Note
Ohio State 38 - Western Michigan 12

We'll be home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment